Waiting on Wednesday (53)

Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
Releases on: October 6th, 2015 PRE-ORDER or ADD IT TO GOODREADS!


From Goodreads: Grace Mae knows madness.

She keeps it locked away, along with her voice, trapped deep inside a brilliant mind that
cannot forget horrific family secrets. Those secrets, along with the bulge in her belly, land her in a Boston insane asylum.


When her voice returns in a burst of violence, Grace is banished to the dark cellars, where her mind is discovered by a visiting doctor who dabbles in the new study of criminal psychology. With her keen eyes and sharp memory, Grace will make the perfect assistant at crime scenes. Escaping from Boston to the safety of an ethical Ohio asylum, Grace finds friendship and hope, hints of a life she should have had. But gruesome nights bring Grace and the doctor into the circle of a killer who stalks young women. Grace, continuing to operate under the cloak of madness, must hunt a murderer while she confronts the demons in her own past.

In this beautifully twisted historical thriller, Mindy McGinnis, acclaimed author of Not a Drop to Drink and In a Handful of Dust, explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil-- and the madness that exists in all of us.

Why I'm Waiting: 
1. DAT COVER (and title). Seriously, it's so badass, right?!
2. Insane asylum. I'm practically dying for a YA book set in an insane asylum that's done right. Please be the one I'm looking for!!!!
3. HISTORICAL THRILLER WITH KILLERS AND ALL THE CRAZINESS

What do you think about A Madness So Discreet? Does it sound badass to you? Have you read an awesome YA book set in an insane asylum that you think I should read? Let's discuss!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. The book sounds intriguing. And I must agree, the cover is really amazing.
    Oh, what's one more book on the list of books I'd like to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this one. I love a good Historical Thriller and this one sounds dark and twisted. The perfect fall read! Amazing choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh I am excited for this one too! Still need to read Mindy's first books though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I am dying for this book too :D Gorgeous pick Becca. <3 I really hope you'll end up loving this book sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that cover. I haven't read Not a Drop to Drink yet, but this one sounds interesting. Good choice!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my MUST-HAVES from BEA!! Dying to get my hands on this one!
    Great pick, Becca!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs