TBR THURSDAY (3)

Thursday, July 3, 2014
TBR Thursday is a new weekly meme hosted by the wickedly amazing Sarah, where you pick one book from your TBR that you have owned for three months or more and read it over the week/weekend!

Sounds amazeballs right?! Well, this is perfect for me, because we all know how insane my TBR shelves look, and let's face it, a ton of those books I have had for way over three months. *sad face* BUT hopefully this will help me read some of my older books instead of just focusing on the immediate recently released!

My third pick for TBR Thursday shall be..

dun dun DUN!


Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis!!

FROM GOODREADS: Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 


Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.

**
So..this book. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf since CHRISTMAS! Christmas?! Christmas. *hangs head in shame* I know this book is universally loved by so so many of you, and I don't know why it just got pushed away after I got a copy. Well, fear not, friends! Because I shall be remedy-ing this pronto! Perfect since the sequel comes out in a few months! 

Have you read Not a Drop to Drink?
Do you participate in TBR Thursday?
Let's discuss! 

Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews, and be sure to stop by Sarah's blog, Words with Sarah, to see what her TBR Thursday pick is this week! <3

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be joining TBR Thursday next week and from then on every other Thursday while Ink & Batter is on vacation! =D

    Oooooooh, Not A Drop To Drink!! One of my most favourites debuts of last year!! Consider this one Pili-pushed too! I hope you'll enjoy and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! TBR Thursday is my fave!!! And NaDtD is now one of my fav debuts too!!! I ABSOLUTELY ADORED IT TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!! I actually pushed it onto Sarah after finishing it LOL

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs