Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:

Zodiac by Romina Russell
Releases on: December 9th, 2014 ADD IT TO GOODREADS!

FROM GOODREADS: At the dawn of time, there were thirteen Houses in the Zodiac galaxy. Now, only twelve remain...

In the Zodiac galaxy, your astrological sign determines everything about you. The stars tell the story of your life, and nothing- and nobody- is real unless you can actually touch them.

It's a galaxy divided, where personalities clash and suspicions run high. Everyone is a potential enemy, so it's best to stick to your kind. Hard-working realists in House Virgo scoff at sweet-talking Librans, who use stellar social skills to climb to the top. And while the brooding twins of House Gemini take forever to make a decision, optimistic Sagittarians hop from adventure to adventure without a thought. 

House Cancer prizes loyalty and honesty above all else. When an unforeseen catastrophe strikes their ocean planet, the stars select sixteen-year-old Rho as their new Guardian. Rho suspects an ancient, power-hungry evil of legend has returned to exact revenge across the entire Zodiac. But Rho is an unknown novice and one of the youngest Guardians ever. Who should believe her?

And with stars anywhere but in her favor, how can Rho defeat an enemy she can't touch?

This first book of an epic sci-fi-meets-high-fantasy series takes place in a galaxy inspired by the twelve astrological signs- rendered with stunning complexity that both transports readers to a fascinating new world and holds up a mirror to reflect how we can better know each other in our own.

WHY I'M WAITING:
1.Dat cover. (I'm a cover lover!)
2. This is such a unique concept! Houses based on astrological signs?! Color me intrigued!
3. New sci-fi!!!
4. Also, I think Rho is a really badass name. Definitely one I've never seen before.

What do you think of my WoW?
What is your WoW for this week?
Let me know in the comments, and be sure to leave me a link so I can come back and leave you some comment love! 

Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I agree, I'm super intrigued by Zodiac!! I hope it'll be as awesome as it sounds!
    Great pick sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pick bestie! I'm dying to read this book and I agree on the concept. It sounds super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this one as well! I'm also totally intrigued by concept of houses based on astrological signs. The synopsis sounds amazing with lots of action and mystery! I'm excited to read it in December as part of a Sci-Fi month! Excellent choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Think I've seen this one somewhere before! Definitely sounds interesting and the cover is just amazing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becca! I saw this and thought the same- Zodiac, Sci-fi, romance, what's not to like. I hope you get it :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs