Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating!


This week I'm waiting on:

Rites of Passage by Joy Hensley 
Releases on: September 9th, 2014 Add it to Goodreads!!

FROM GOODREADS: Sam McKenna's never turned down a dare. And she's not going to start with the last one her brother gave her before he died.

So Sam joins the first-ever class of girls at the prestigious Denmark Military Academy. She's expecting push-ups and long runs, rope climbing and mud-crawling. As a military brat, she can handle an obstacle course just as well as the boys. She's even expecting the hostility she gets from some of the cadets who don't think girls belong there. What she's not expecting is her fiery attraction to her drill sergeant. But dating is strictly forbidden and Sam won't risk her future, or the dare, on something so petty... no matter how much she wants him.

As Sam struggles to prove herself, she discovers that some of the boys don't just want her gone- they will stop at nothing to drive her out. When their petty threats turn to brutal hazing, bleeding into every corner of her life, she realizes they are not acting alone. A decades-old secret society is alive and active... and determined to force her out.

At any cost.

Now time's running short. Sam must decide who she can trust... and choosing the wrong person could have deadly consequences.

WHY I'M WAITING:
1. Whoa. Military Academy? Can't say I've ever seen that one before. Reminds me of a Disney Channel movie I used to be obsessed with when I was younger. I think it was Cadet Kelly? Anyone know what I'm talking about? 
2. Secret society out to kill? Need to know more now.
3. Fiery attraction to a sergeant? Sa-wooooooon. 

What do you think of my WoW?
What is your WoW for this week?
Let me know in the comments, and be sure to leave me a link so I can come back and leave you some comment love! 

Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I hadn't heard about this one before but it sounds super intriguing!
    Great pick, Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadet Kelly! Yes, you're right! I was a bit of Disney Channel nerd myself growing up. Don't watch it too much these days because it's just not the same! We need a 90s station that plays all those good shows!

    Not sure this would be my kind of read despite its reminiscence of Cadet Kelly but I do hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I wasn't the only one then! It really isn't the same, unfortunately!! Every once and awhile they will show an old Disney Channel movie on there! Usually during the afternoon on a week day! YES! That would be so awesome!!!

      Thanks girly!!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I don't think I've ever read anything about a girl in a military academy. I'm definitely going to have to read this one.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, but I think this one is going to be awesome!!

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs