Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins - ARC Review

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
Published by: Harper Teen on 4/29/14
Pages: 381
Format: ARC Paperback
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Won 
Rating: 4/5
Buy the Book  or  Add it to Goodreads!!

FROM GOODREADS: It's time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their opressive ways. 

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous- especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna's great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she's prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.

MY THOUGHTS:

Dearest Sweet Reckoning,

I have been waiting to get my hands on you ever since I finished that last sentence of Sweet Peril, and when I won a copy of you, I nearly shrieked in excitement. Well, I'll be honest, I actually did shriek a tiny bit! The first two books in your trilogy were just fabulous and I flew through them quite fast. I knew, without a doubt in my mind, that I would be exactly the same way with you.

Surprise, surprise. You are quite full of them, aren't you? Sneaky little book. It seemed like every chapter included some shocking detail, which only had me flying through the pages faster! I fell even more in love with all of the characters than I thought was possible. That's the sign of a truly great author. (Psst, Wendy, HOW DARE YOU KILL SO AND SO AND SO!!! MY HEART IS WRECKED!!) Yes, there are some deaths in you. I mean, your main plot is about a war, but it killed me to see some of the ones who did actually lose their lives. *sad face*

All in all, I thought you were a pretty solid ending for a series that I am very sad to see end. In all honesty, I wish there would be more books, but alas, that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be in the cards. If I could change anything about you though, I would maybe add a little bit more action and a little less running. I think some of the things were wrapped up a tiny bit too easily. I wanted to see some more struggling, and that is the reason behind you only receiving four hearts from me, my dear Sweet Reckoning. However, please let your author, Wendy Higgins, know she has rightfully earned a spot on my auto-buy list! I truly cannot wait to see what she has up her sleeves for us next! 

All my love,
Becca


Was this review helpful?
Did you like this new way of reviewing or the old way better?
Have you read Sweet Reckoning?
Let me know in the comments!

As always, thanks for visiting Pivot Book Reviews! <3
post signature

8 comments:

  1. *prepares emergency stash of chocolate and tissues for dealing with all the feels that this book will cause*
    Thank you so very much for such an amazing but still spoiler free review, Becca!
    And BIG CONGRATS ON WINNING A COPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT BROUGH ALL THE FEELS! I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!! It was SO hard not to be spoilery, but I'm glad I accomplished it!! Haha thanks girly!! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until this book comes out next Tuesday. I'm need it in my life but I don't want the series to end! I'm not ready to say good-bye! D: Amazing letter review, Becca. I adore reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO not ready to say goodbye! I want more of these characters in my life so bad!!!! This is definitely one of my favorite trilogies and it was so hard to see it end!!! I cannot wait to hear what you think of it, Sarah!!!! I hope you love it as much as I did! AND THANK YOU!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Great review! I love this series also. I can't wait to read it. I'm in my last 2 weeks of school with finals and once that is over I can start it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ericka! I hope you enjoy Sweet Reckoning as much as I did--even though, it was so hard to see this fab series come to an end! Also, good luck with finals! :)

      Delete
  4. **squeee** I'm glad you are pretty satisfied with how this ended, Becca. I'm sooo looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to what you think of it Brandee! :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs