Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:


Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga #1) by Jennifer Donnelly 
Releases on: May 6th, 2014  Add it to Goodreads!

FROM GOODREADS: The first in a series of four epic tales in the depths of the ocean, where six mermaids seek to protect and save their hidden world.

Deep in the ocean, in a world not so different from our own, live the merpeople. Their communities are spread throughout the oceans, seas, and freshwaters all over the globe.

When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be winning the love of handsome Prince Mahdi. And yet Sera finds herself haunted by strange dreams that foretell the return of an ancient evil. Her dark premonitions are confirmed when an assassin's arrow poisons Sera's mother. Now, Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the Mer nations. Led only by her shadowy dreams, Sera searches for five other mermaid heroines who are scattered across the six seas. Together, they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood and uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.

Why I'm waiting: Dude. This book sounds epic! Mermaids?! Say whaaat?! Plus it's a Disney-Hyperion book, and I always seem to devour their books!! Simply CANNOT wait to get my hands on this one!!! 

What do you think of my choice?
What's your choice for this week's WoW?
Let me know in the comments, and leave me a link to your WoW post, so I can leave some comment love on yours!!

Also, if you followed me, I would love you forever and ever! LET ME LOVE YOU!! *cough* Sorry if that was creepy, but I need MORE book loving friends!! You can never have too many! That's what I always say (or type, in this case!!)

Thanks for visiting Pivot Book Reviews!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I love that the book seems to focus more on a quest to find other mermaids and to defeat evil than on swooning for a prince! I think I'll end up adding this one to my TBR list even if I'm not very keen on mermaid books!
    Great pick, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually one for mermaid stories, but this one sounds pretty good! Plus, it's Disney-Hyperion so it has to be pretty good. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an ARC of this book that I'm going to read very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Been seeing this one around a LOT lately! Sounds awesome! Love mermaid books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! YES YES YES! I can't wait to read this one too! Mermaids? I mean...C'mon, right! I've already experienced vampires, werewolves, Golems, trolls, ect...You know the more familiar creatures... so something fresh like Mermaids, I'm totally down! Nice choice!!
    check out my WoW @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love mermaid books! This looks so good :) Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing this as a Waiting on Wednesday a lot lately! It sounds so amazing. And yeah, Disney Hyperion has a ton of good books, they are definitely one of my favorite publishers. :D

    My WoW: http://myfullbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-dorothy-must-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ohh love the cover! Sounds really great too. Great pick :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't that many mermaid books but I want to get more into that world. This book sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait -- WHAT? JENNIFER DONNELLY???? I love her! I am flipping out right now because I can only IMAGINE how awesome this will be! YAYYYYYY!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Becca! :D

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs